This forum is new. Don't be shy, get posting
and let's build a great community together.

• PaulB
    I followed the installation instructions for Omniverse and HDR Light Studio. There is a red warning sign appearing (see image) with no other info on the error. I am able to switch the activation to "enabled" but there is no HDR option appearing in the Omniverse menu.

I have tried both methods of install (separatelty) and believe I have uninstalled and reinstalled them properly each time.

Is this common? Is it related to running the demo? Anyone else had this?
    Attachment
    image (9K)

• Forum Admin
    Which release of Omniverse are you using, please? It seems quite common for our plugin to be broken with changes to the Omniverse build.
  • PaulB
    I'm using 2022.3.1.

I think the extension only works with 2022.1 or older though? When will the extension be updated? I have talked to Mati and Jen B in the Omniverse Discord about this issue and they are investigating but suggested I also contact you at this end.

I'm keen to try out your product. Any idea when an update would be pushed out for this and whether its on HDR Studio or NVIDIA to make changes?
  • Forum Admin
    Hi Paul,

There is now a new build of our Create extension on our website. Please go to the trial downloads section and the new ones will be there for you. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks
    Mark
  • PaulB
    It works - the error is gone. However, loading HDR Light Studio causes OV to hang and crash more often than not. I'm able to use light studio stand-alone no problems, but following the instruction in the LS guides to connect it with Omniverse always happens the same - my machine (Asus Rog laptop with RTX 3070) ramps up the fans then OV crashes.

I've left the same message on the OV Discord.

Is there anywhere I could pull log files or crash reports that would help your devs?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

New Member Reminder
Make sure you have activated your account via the email we sent you. That grants you permission to post at the forum.

New for December 2020

Welcome to our new HDR Light Studio forum. Please create an account to start or join a discussion.